NSString bug & patch

From: Pierre-Yves Rivaille
Subject: NSString bug & patch
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:10:29 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

While using NSString path-related functions I have noticed a few bugs in
the
   - (NSArray *)pathComponents
and
   - (NSString *)stringByAppendingPathComponent: (NSString*)aString
methods of NSString.

To see what I mean you can look at the small test I have written (see
attachment), and compare the result with OPENSTEP 4.2.

I have written a small patch ('diff -u NSString.m.old NSString.m'), which
I think solve the problem (the test gives the same results on OPENSTEP 4.2
& on patched GNUstep).

Can someone check this patch and put it into CVS ?

bye,

Pierre-Yves Rivaille