Re: GNUstep on net-community

From: Lucas Wagner
Subject: Re: GNUstep on net-community
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:31:11 -0500

I have CDs of DR1, DR2, and DR3.  It's basically a compilation;
nothing GPL'ed that's really spectacular or worth hacking around with.
They were basically doing the same thing as you're doing with LastStep,
though using a more primitive codebase.

A friend of mine (and OpenStep code-hack) Anthony Fernandez (fernandez.com
is his domain) purchased them from Christley a long time ago
because he wanted to port his apps to GNUstep.

About a year ago, Christley told me that the GNUstep Win32 stuff is not GPL
and thus should not be used, mixed with GNUstep, or posted on the web.
I think DR3 is entirely Win32 and DR2 is split between Linux and Win32.
It's a shame it's not GPL because he designed a pretty slick GNUstep
installer for Win32.

Lucas
lwagner@spindl3top.org.removethis