Re: Bugreport xgps

From: Jonathan Gapen
Subject: Re: Bugreport xgps
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:41:43 -0600

Dennis Leeuw wrote:
> With the a snapshot of today, and the use of libobjc-0.9.1 I get this
> error:
>
> /usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -lgnustep-xgps: No such
> file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps/font_cacher]
> Error 1
> make[2]: *** [font_cacher.build] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [font_cacher.all.tool.variables] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/core/xgps/Tools'
> make: *** [internal-all] Error

    I get the same thing with gui and xgps.  Looks like some recent
changes to $SHARED_LIB_LINK_CMD in target.make broke things.  What
happens is that this macro doesn't include all the linker flags that it
should and the library doesn't link.  However, the macro doesn't fail at
that point, so make keeps going and tries to build the tools, and fails
then because of the missing library.
    I ended up doing 'gmake ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib"' followed by a regular 'gmake', because the former
command broke building the tools.
    I'm hoping somebody knows what's going on in the makefiles and can
fix it.  :-)

--
All persons, living or dead, are purely coincedental.