Test request GNUstep packages

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Test request GNUstep packages
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:26:02 +0100

Hi all,

I have build from a 20010222 CVS snapshot a couple of tar.gz packages.

This afternoon I had the change to test them on a SuSE 7.0 and a Red Hat
7.1rc1 system.
They worked perfect on SuSE 7.0 and almost perfect on Red Hat 7.1rc1.
Now I am looking for more people willing to test these on different
distros and versions.

A current upload is in progres, so later this evening the packages
should be available from
ftp://ftp.gnustep.net/pub/distros/ix86/linux/test/

The packages install the basic libraries in /opt/GNUstep, so make sure
there is no other version of GNUstep in that directory. Login as root,
cd / and untar in this order:
make.20010222.tar.gz
make2.20010222.tar.gz
objc-0.9.0.tar.gz
ffcall-1.6b.tar.gz
libxml2-2.3.0.tar.gz
dgs-0.5.10.tar.gz
(base-xdps.20010222.tar.gz optional not tested)
base-xgps.20010222.tar.gz
(gui-xdps.20010222.tar.gz optional not tested)
gui-xgps.20010222.tar.gz
libPropList-0.10.1.tar.gz
WindowMaker-0.64.0.tar.gz
xgps.20010222.tar.gz

Then install the PostScript fonts as described in the Build Guide en
configure your system as described in the Build Guide
(http://www.made-it.com/GNUstep/Build).

Now run the following tests:
run /opt/GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/texteroids "Fun string"
If that works dgs is OK.

Compiled Gomoku.app and see if it works.

Compile GWorkspace.app and see if it works.

NOTES:
For RH7.1rc1 I needed the following compiler options to compile
gworkspace-0.1.5.1:
-O2 -fno-schedule-insns2

Both SuSE 7.0 and RH7.1rc1 where missing ginstall and only provided
install, a simple workaround for the test was:
ln -s /usr/bin/install /usr/bin/ginstall

The entire system was build on a default Slackware 7.0 system, so that
should also work.

Thanks for any input people can provide.

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw