Re: X11 crash when creating font cache

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: X11 crash when creating font cache
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:48:23 +0000

On Wednesday, March 14, 2001, at 07:26 PM, gLaNDix wrote:
> About a minute or two of sitting
> there with "Building font cache..." on my WTerm, X completely bombs w/ a
> Signal 11 error and i'm back at my login screen.
>
> Any ideas what is causing the problem?  Everything built perfectly (once i
> installed gnustep-objc) and I had no errors until the crash.  Again, it
> was from the 03.12.2001 CVS snapshot downloaded from the gnustep.org site.

Don't know why you should have problems ... and it could be an X problem rather
than font_cacher doing anything it shouldn't.

> Oh, and one last thing, is CVS not working?  When I try to co/update
> gnustep, I get an error stating that I was not able to login.  I'm using
> the same information that is on the gnustep.org site.

GNUstep cvs has moved ... perhaps the website is out of date, or you got an old
page from a caching web proxy.
Point your browser at https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=99