Re: GNUstep Launchpad on Irix?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep Launchpad on Irix?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:23:50 +0200

Fredo wrote:
> > You are speaking of CPU-specific forwarding code ? This could be a
> > non-issue now because of ffcall support in libobjc. I don't know whether
> > ffcall (or libffi) supports MIPS CPUs.
>
> You may well be correct :-) It is worth a try.
> Maybe the people who have integrated ffcall support in libobjc can give
> us an answer?

Hm, I'm not sure, but at least I think I inspired the ffcall support (I
also implemented it, but don't know whether this is the thing which
ended up in the 'public' libobjc version) ;-)

The only question is whether ffcall itself supports MIPS/Irix, give it a
try ! If ffcall supports MIPS, libobjc-ffcall should run without
problems.

Greetings
  Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com/
Web Application Technology for Enterprises