Re: Compile problem with gui snapshot

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Compile problem with gui snapshot
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:53:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jeff Sciortino <jj_sciortino@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the core snapshot of 4-21
>
> make compiles and installs fine, base doesn't come back with errors, but gui
> gives me this error when making:
>
> Making all for svc example...
> ./shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/make_services: error while loading
> shared libraries: libgnustep-base.so.1: cannot load shared object file: No
> such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [example.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [example.build] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [example.all.svc.variables] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jjs/GNUstep/Downloads/core/gui/Tools'
> make: *** [internal-all] Error 2
> debian:/home/jjs/GNUstep/Downloads/core/gui#
>

> Any  ideas?

Yes, this usually happens when you don't have the location of the libraries
setup in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and you haven't run GNUstep.sh from the shell before
compiling and building the base and gui libraries.

The base library works okay since it doesn't have any dependencies on anything
other than libraries outside of GNUstep (libobjc, libxml, etc), but the GUI
library needs to be able to find the base library when it builds.

> Thanks!
>
> -Jeff

=====
Gregory John Casamento