Re: Using gnustep with mingw/cygwin

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Using gnustep with mingw/cygwin
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:13:35 +0200

Oliver Langer wrote:
> - esp:
>   + we need to be able to operate on objc-messages - that is to be able to
>     receive messages via "forwardInvocation:" in order to convert them (e.g.
>     into related python- or corba-calls). Should this be stable?

Probably depends on whether you get ffcall running. With ffcall it
should be pretty stable.

>   + What about dynamic loading via NSBundle under Windows? Should this work?

No problem at all. Watch out that you link shared all the time
(especially libobjc) !

>   + Did anyone of you use objective-c + gnustep-base + some win32-related
>     stuff (e.g. COM-objects or other win32 sdk funtionality)? Did you
>     encounter any limitations?

NeXT ;-) I would be interested in this as well.

Greetings
  Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com/
Web Application Technology for Enterprises