Re: Sybase's dbsetopt call in Sybase Adaptor

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Sybase's dbsetopt call in Sybase Adaptor
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:54:58 +0100 (BST)

> I just CVS downloaded the latest version of gnustep's db library. I am
> trying to compile the SybaseAdaptor but I get an error.
> I have Sybase 11.9.2 installed on my machine.
>
> The call in the SybaseAdaptor.m file calls dbsetopt with only 3 parameters
> where it is actually defined in Sybase 11.9.2 with
> 4. The one defined in Sybase takes 4 parameters namely
> (dbproc,option,char_param,int_param).
>
> I am not too clued up with the Sybase client libraries. What is the correct
> form of the call?

I had a little play with it a month ago I think, it looks like the Sybase
adaptor is using some old Sybase libraries, whose API has changed in the
meanwhile ... leaving it broken ...  the best thing probably is -
rewriting it using newer libraries (the so-called ct libraries I think).

I don't have the time to do this work right now, but if you want to work
on it, I might find time to help you with it and/or try out your new code
and debug it.