Re: Localize GWorkspace

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: Localize GWorkspace
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:13:33 +0200

    NP> The
    NP> comment can help the translator to decide how to translate
    NP> when it is not clear how to translate (because the original
    NP> string is now out of context, and out of context might not be
    NP> so clear what the string means).  The comment is totally
    NP> ignored by the library code (which means that because we don't
    NP> have the tools now, the comment is totally ignored for now :-)
    NP> ).

I remember a similar thread years ago, where we talked about using the
comment itself as a "subkey" to be able to find the right translation:
you can have more than one place where the same english string is
used, but each of them may require a different national
translation. This is currently a limitation of the gettext library...

bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax   | Hold on, hold on - They put you in a box so you
real: Emanuele Gaifas   | can't get heard - Let your spirit stay unbroken,