NSTextView and autoscroll - please help

From: Marko Mikulicic
Subject: NSTextView and autoscroll - please help
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:35:10 -0400

Hello,

I'm have problems setting up a textview in a scrolview
so that it horizontally scrolls as the user types (scrollbars are hided).

I tried so:

textView = [[NSTextView alloc] initWithFrame: NSMakeRect(0,0,frame.size.width,frame.size.height)];
  [textView setString: @"Test"];
  [[textView textContainer] setContainerSize: NSMakeSize (1000,20)];
  [textView setVerticallyResizable: NO];
  [textView setHorizontallyResizable: YES];

scrollView = [[NSScrollView alloc] initWithFrame: NSMakeRect(0,0,frame.size.width,frame.size.height)];
  [scrollView setDocumentView: textView];
  [scrollView setBorderType: NSNoBorder];

The textview scrolls horizontally but every second keystroke
the scrollview scrolls back to the origin (vertical and horizontal, giving a shaking effect).

I don't know if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

Please help me, without this feature my application will be almost useless.

Thanks

Marko