Re: poseAs: problem

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: poseAs: problem
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:03:28 -0700

On 31 Aug 2001 08:28:10 +0200
Stefan Böhringer <stefan.boehringer@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> I don't know about the Gnustep runtime. However, the NeXT runtime
> requires you to call +poseAs: before an instance of the posed class is
> created. It is plausible that at that point in time it should not be a
> problem for the runtime to substitute classes.
> Try placing your +poseAs: method in the main function (or substantially
> earlier than what you do currently).
> Hope that helps.

Thanks, but it didn't. However, I did find the real problem as being
a side-effect of a faulty objc_error replacement, before calling the
+poseAs:

But even if I replace the real objc_error() with my_objc_error() --
which is an exact (source) copy of the real one, the problem occurs if
I (now) use [[MyClass class] poseAs: [NSObject class]]; -- but NOT, if
I use [Object class] instead ... weird.

--
Chris