Knowing whether a class inherits from another class

From: Aurelien
Subject: Knowing whether a class inherits from another class
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:42:44 +0200

I think the message subject is fairly explicit...

Note that I already know how to check wether an *object* is of a class that inherits from a given class (i.e. with the isKindOf method). No, I want to have the information directly for the Class.

BTW: is there any documentation about Class ?

BTW 2: I'm always sending cString messages to NSStrings when I have to format them (e.g. in an NSLog, with the %s placeholder); is there a more convenient way to do this ?

Thanks in advance,

Aurélien