NeXTStep 3.3, anyone?

From: Bjoern Giesler
Subject: NeXTStep 3.3, anyone?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:15:58 +0200

Hi,

by fortunate accident, I've come by a couple of NeXTStations from my
university's compsci department. I don't know exactly how many yet, but
it's going to be more than one. The problem is that some of them have
broken HDs, so I'll have to fit them with larger ones and re-install the
operating system... which I don't have.

My questions now:
 o How is the copyright status on NeXTStep 3.3 or later? Licenses are no
longer available as of sometime in 2000, but is distributing "pirated"
copies allowed in this case?
 o If yes, would anybody be willing to provide me with a copy?
 o If no, would anybody sell me a copy?

Thanks in advance,
                --Björn