ANN: GNUMail.app / Pantomime

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail.app / Pantomime
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:28:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

After days of work, I'm glad to announce the release of GNUMail.app
0.7.0pre2 and Pantomime 0.3.0.

GNUMail.app has been modified to fully use Pantomime.

GNUMail.app 0.7.0pre2 isn't much different from 0.7.0pre1 beside the fact
that it has been severely modified to support Pantomime.

Most (all? :)) mime bugs that were present in previous releases of
GNUMail.app should now be fixed.

One thing that you must take care of is that this prerelease of
GNUMail.app ignores the POP3 "leave on server" feature.

Pantomime 0.3.0 corrects A LOT of bugs from 0.2.0 and is way faster.

You can get the prerelease of GNUMail.app (no website updates) here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail/GNUMail-0.7.0pre2.tar.gz

You can get the release of Pantomime (website updated) here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime

Note that this prerelease of GNUMail.app is more for developers than for
end users but it should be very stable. Developers can play with

GNUMail.m: - (void) showInboxWindow: (id) sender

in order to get some IMAP stuff! Users can try it and see if new bugs have
been introduced.

I plan to concentrate my work on getting most of the IMAP support done
together with PGP support for the next prerelease.

Again, I would really appreciate receiving comments, suggestions, patches
or bug reports from the GNUstep community.

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.