Re: Problem running GNUMail

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: Re: Problem running GNUMail
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:36:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ernst,

First of all, thanks for your interest in GNUMail.app.

> I succesfully compiled Pantomime 0.3.0 and GNUMail.app 0.7.0pre2 but when I
> try running GNUMail with:
>    openapp /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Apps/GNUMail.app
> I get this error message:
>    Sep 23 01:10:32 GNUMail[15000] Could not open LocalStore.
>
> What did I wrong ?

Have you ever used GNUMail.app (I mean, a previous release) ? If yes,
which release were you using before switching to 0.7.0pre2?

Does the gnumail directory exist in your home directory? (~/gnumail) ?

If not, I would recommend that you create ~/gnumail and touch the
following files:

~/gnumail/Inbox
~/gnumail/Outbox
~/gnumail/Trash

Launch GNUMail.app and configure it (Info -> Preferences...). You can also
look at Martin Brecher's excellent documentation for GNUMail.app on:

http://www.stupid-design.com/martin/GNUstep/GNUMail.app-0.7.0/gnumail.html

If you have any other problems, please tell me.

Thanks,
        Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.