ANN: GNUMail.app 0.7.0 / Pantomime 0.4.0

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail.app 0.7.0 / Pantomime 0.4.0
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:43:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

After weeks of efforts, I'm very glad to announce the release of
GNUMail.app 0.7.0.

GNUMail.app now uses Pantomime for its mail framework. It has nearly been
totally rewritten. All features of 0.6.0 are now available in
0.7.0. Furthermore, it supports the following NEW features:

1- Bounce support for messages ;
2- IMAP support with caching (basic but works quite well) ;
3- A powerful MIME types manager ;
4- Reworked the UI of various parts of the applications ;
5- Reworked the Mailbox Manager. It's now 'hierarchical' ;
6- Removed time zone configuration. Now Pantomime takes care of that ;
7- Now puts a copy of sent mails in Outbox ;
8- Lots of bug fixes and optimizations.

You can get GNUMail.app 0.7.0 here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail

The website has been update and has a lot of new screenshots.

You can get Pantomime 0.4.0 (required) here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime

When you switch for 0.6.0 to 0.7.0, you'll have to reconfigure your POP3
preferences. Sorry about that.

You also need one of the latest CVS version of GNUstep in order to get it
working properly. The MIME types manager won't work properly with
GNUstep GUI 0.7.0.

I'll setup a CVS server probably tomorrow and give anonymous access to
both Pantomime and GNUMail.app.

I would be glad to receive comments, suggestions or patches for both
GNUMail.app and Pantomime. It's now quite a big project and I would be
glad to get some help! My fingers are hurting :)

Thanks a lot to everybody who helped me getting all this work done and
enjoy this BIG release!

Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.