Default "GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT" for Win32

From: Stephen Brandon
Subject: Default "GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT" for Win32
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:24:45 +0100

Hi,

In NSUser.m we see the following:

              if (gnustep_system_root == nil)
                {
                  /*
                   * This is pretty important as we need it to load
                   * character sets, language settings and similar
                   * resources.  Use fprintf to avoid recursive calls.
                   */
                  warned = YES;
                  fprintf (stderr,
                    "Warning - GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT is not set "
                    "- using /usr/GNUstep/System as a default\n");
                  gnustep_system_root = @"/usr/GNUstep/System";
                }

(repeat for _local_root and _network_root)

As a point of discussion, since (hopefully) there are going to be more and
more apps and utilities that find their way onto Win32, should or could we
standardise on a more Windows-friendly set of defaults?

My current setup is that the GNUstep root is c:\GNUstep which I think is a
reasonably friendly place to put it, and avoids the messy spaces in "Program
Files" which might be the other common place to put such stuff.

Comments?

Stephen Brandon
stephen@brandonitconsulting.co.uk