[address@hidden: Re: MiscKit Licence & GNUstep]

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: [address@hidden: Re: MiscKit Licence & GNUstep]
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:13:53 +0200

Hi all,

Just a mail about the future MiscKit for MacOS X (and its Licence).

----- Forwarded message from "Donald A. Yacktman" <don@misckit.com> -----

Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:12:18 -0600
From: Donald A. Yacktman <don@misckit.com>
To: Fabien VALLON <fvallon@fr.alcove.com>
Subject: Re: MiscKit Licence & GNUstep

It isn't available yet, and neither is the Mac OS X kit.  I'm working on
getting it available, but I keep getting slowed down by all sorts of
interruptions.  So as soon as I can get it up, I will.  Keep an eye on the
misckit web site; any news will be announced there first.  The license itself
is basically the MIT license, which is much like the BSD license.  Much more
liberal than the old one.  The old kit will not fall under the new license,
however; only the newer Mac OS X kit will.  Of course, we will be moving code
and/or functionality from the old to the new kit over time, so that's not
really such a big deal in a long term sense.

--
Later,
Don Yacktman

----- End forwarded message -----