Re: GWorkspace porting troubles

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GWorkspace porting troubles
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:37:30 -0700

LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:

GWorkspace.m: In function `+[GWorkspace gworkspace]':
GWorkspace.m:92: `gnustep_global_lock' undeclared (first use in this function)
GWorkspace.m:92: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

gnustep_global_lock is defined in NSObject.h (line 178: GS_EXPORT NSRecursiveLock *gnustep_global_lock;) and initialized in NSObject.m (line 603: gnustep_global_lock = [[NSRecursiveLock alloc] init];). Then GS_EXPORT also doesn't exist in Cocoa. How do I come out of this situation? How do I "bolt" those GNUstep extensions onto Cocoa's NSObject?

Um, personnally I don't think GWorkspace should be using gnustep_global_lock. It's really something that should be exclusive to the gnustep libraries. As they say, get your own d*mn lock :-)

Anyway, an app that wants to be cross-platform shouldn't use anything within the #ifndef NO_GNUSTEP/#endif sections.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
fedor@doc.com  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it