Re: White background in icons and WM integration

From: Martin Brecher
Subject: Re: White background in icons and WM integration
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 01:37:30 +0100

On 2001-12-03 22:56:52 +0200 Dan Pascu <dan@services.iiruc.ro> wrote:

> On  3 Dec, Frederico.S.Muoz wrote:
> > Docking GNUstep apps doesn't work in Window Maker. They end up being called
> > by the binary (full linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu etc);
> > I can of course change the command to openapp, but better integration could
> > perhaps be viewed as a wishlist item?
>
> Window Maker cannot guess what command you used to launch an
> application. All it can do is to ask for the command used to launch the
> app using XGetCommand() to get the command line used to start the app,
> which is set by the app itself using XSetCommand(). Now instead of
> wmaker guessing how you started your app (by openapp or by direct
> path), it would be easier that the app to set its command to what it's
> desired. Maybe a mechanism by which if the app is started by openapp,
> the app should be informed to set its command line to 'openapp ...'
> instead. Or maybe set that by default, no matter how the app was
> started, since I understand that this is the default and desired way of
> starting the app from the command line.

For using openapp from wmaker, afaik all the gstep paths have to be set before
the x11session/wmaker is started (or using wmaker's autostart script); that may
lead to problems on some specific setups whereas the current behaviour seems to
work properly (as long as you don't change the libcombo though).

Another thing: when launching a docked gstep app, the docked icon keeps the
three dots and the app itself spawns a new app icon. By what is that behaviour
caused?

Greetings,
Martin