Re: NSRunLoop questions

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSRunLoop questions
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 07:50:51 +0000

On Monday, December 17, 2001, at 12:31 AM, Jay McCarthy wrote:

Hello,

This weekend I was looking into what the best way to write an internet
server using GNUstep was. I noted that there was no native support in
GNUstep for socket abstractions or anything of that nature.

Perhaps you made the mistake of confining yourself to reading the documentation. Unfortunately, documentation and regression tests have long been the main things we have been asking for contributions to GNUstep-base for... and those are the
things that nobody wants to do.

Currently, the documentation is mostly only a starting point, with just a few classes fully documented (and even those lack good tutorial/overview text). I hope that situation will improve significantly soon, once we begin to generate documentation automatically from the source code - though there is no substitute
for good hand-written documentation.