Re: Compilation problem of gnustep-base

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Compilation problem of gnustep-base
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:24:10 +0000

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 02:00 PM, Stephane Dupille wrote:

    I untarred the gnustep-base 1.1.0 and launched :
./configure --enable-fake-main --enable-ffcall --enable-libffi
--enable-pass-arguments

You should not be using any of those --enable options ... except perhaps
--enable-ffcall ... though I think that was the default in 1.1.0 anyway.

Generally all configure options are to handle situations where your
system is unusual/misconfigured in some way, so you would only use them
to fix a problem you have encountered and diagnosed.
In this case, I think the --enable-libffi is breaking things ... it's
a partial fix for systems without ffcall or mframe support - and
certainly is not meant to be used with ffcall or mframe.