Re: forwardInvocation problem

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: forwardInvocation problem
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 06:57:12 +0000

On Monday, March 11, 2002, at 08:27 PM, Björn Gohla wrote:

i am working on a widget that encapsulates /GS.box/ to display a number of text buttons. the wrapper object provides for methods to swich orientation and construct the buttons from an array of strings and put them into the box.
otherwise the wrapper is supposed to behave like a /GS.box/ thus i use
forwardInvocation and respondsToSelector. but wehn i use the wrapper in place of GSVbox or GSHbox i get all sorts of exceptions for unhandled messages. any
suggestions.

I can't really tell for sure from your code how it's even supposed to work.

I think your whole approach may be doomed.

Your class needs to be a subclass of GSVbox or GSHbox ... you are trying to
make it act like either using delegation, and that just won't work.
Your class needs to be a subclass of NSView, and other parts of the system
need to refer to it directly (views are held in a hierarchical structure
within each window).

I think I'd simply have two classes ... one for vertical and one for horizontal
layout.