Re: NSZombie??

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSZombie??
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:00:22 +0000

On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 09:19 AM, Jonathan B. Leffert wrote:

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 07:56:14AM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

Please re-read.  You obviously misunderstood/misread what I wrote!

You're absolutely right. I thought you were describing OS/MacOSX behavior
when you were, in fact, describing GNUstep behavior.

I just hacked in NSZombie support to GNUstep-base under CVS anyway (for
compatibility).

However, I think that the default GNUstep behavior is probably better
for developers in most cases - it produces a core dump you can examine
later if you were not running the program under gdb - which is better
for catching intermittent faults you can't reliably reproduce.