GNUMail.app / Pantomime status

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: GNUMail.app / Pantomime status
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:41:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Since I'll surely release GNUMail.app 1.0.1 and Pantomime 1.0.3
when GNUstep GUI 0.7.7 is released, I write this little E-Mail to
at least give you a status of what's going on.

Here's what has been added to GNUMail.app / Pantomime in the past
days (everything is on CVS):

a) IMAP subscription support. It's now possible to subscribe and
   unsubscribe to IMAP folders. It's also now possible to create,
   delete or rename IMAP folders. You can also now copy or move
   messages between local and IMAP folders ;

b) DnD support. You can now use drag and drop to copy or move messages
   between mailboxes ;

c) copy/cut & paste support for messages. You can now use standard
   copy, cut and paste operations to copy or move messages between
   mailboxes ;

d) SSL support. You can now use POP3 or IMAP over SSL.
   To use this, you must install the Pantomime SSL bundle. Simply
   do: cd Pantomime/Bundles/SSL; make; make install ;

e) A skeleton of the PGP bundle for GNUMail.app has been added. It
   needs more work and it seems that I'm gonna work on this afterall
   in the following days :-) ;

f) Pantomime has been improved a lot in performance, mainly with the
   charset detection algo, the format=flowed code and also all TCP
   related operations. Also, iconv support was added in order to support
   more encodings ;

g) It's now possible to verify for new messages on your POP3 accounts
   (the ones you want to) when GNUMail.app starts ;

h) It's now possible to specify filters for outgoing mails and also
   apply filters directly to a messages selection ;

i) It's now possible to specify which charset you want to use when
   sending a message (if you don't want to use the 'detected' one) ;

j) Some icons have been replaced by better ones (IMO).

Also, I've refactored a lot of code and fixed bugs.

You can see a screenshot of GNUMail.app using IMAP over SSL, showing
the new icons, here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail/imap-ssl.gif

It would be nice if people could give a try to the CVS version of
GNUMail.app and Pantomime - in order to release a very stable 1.0.1
version.

Feedback and contributions are always welcome.

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.