Re: Updated: Proposed GNUstep Filesystem Hierarchy Document.

From: Christian Edward Gruber
Subject: Re: Updated: Proposed GNUstep Filesystem Hierarchy Document.
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:50:41 -0400

Hi.

  In here, you have /Network/Applications defined as "locally installed
applications that are to be made available...".  That seems wrong to me.
Rather, locally mounted should be in /Local on a server, and exported, and
then /Network/Applications should be remotely served applications.

In other words, /Network should be those resources that are remote, /Local
should be those that are on the current machine, /System should be those
that are part of the base install.  In my own setups, I tend to have nothing
in /Network on any local filesystem, except for the mount-points.

regards,
Christian.