Re: gnustep making me crazy

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: gnustep making me crazy
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 17:53:20 +0100

On Tuesday, May 7, 2002, at 05:37 PM, Kees Cook wrote:

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 03:49:13PM +0100, Nicola Pero wrote:
At a quick glance, shouldn't the XXXInfo.plist contain a dictionary to
merge ?

I suppose you might want to try adding a '{' at the beginning, and a ';}'
at the end of the file -

{
  NSServices = (
    xxx etc xxx
  );
}

Yup, cool, that fixed it.  Thanks!  Now once I figure out the other
problem, I bet it'll run.  :)

$ openapp ProcViewer.app/
/scratch/gnustep/ProcViewer/ProcViewer.app/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-
gnu/ProcViewer: Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: expected unsigned int and got struct

Well, unless ProcViewer uses archiving of objects (seems unlikely), that message almost certainly
comes from the Distributed Objects (networking) code ...

The problems you are having mostly suggest something badly wrong with networking. The GNUstep networking code is really very stable, so this tends to suggest a problem with the system headers or compiler is at least as likely as a GNUstep problem. Either way, I'm afraid it looks likely to be tricky to sort out. I'd start with looking at the problem you were getting when launching gdnc if I were you.