Re: Look & feel, future plans

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Look & feel, future plans
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 17:32:40 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:

> Ian Jones wrote:
> >
> > There is / was a patch for Mac style menus:
> >
> > http://www.webology/daniel/
> >
> [...]
>

> > This patch is not very pretty, but I very much like the idea and would
> > like to see it developed further.
> >

> I agree. I never actually got a response from the person who developed
> it (r.e. copyright issues), so someone might have to rewrite it. It also
>   could be improved. For instance, some window managers provide a
> horizontal menu bar. How could we integrate that into the patch?

Or, it just came to my mind: to have horizontal menu, which can be
detached and will become vertical. And when vertical menu is moved near
the top (or someone may like bottom) border it will become horizontal.

I prefer horizontal menu, but I like detachable submenus which will
remain open, so I do not have to go deep into the menu again.

stefan.