look and feel

From: Ian Jones
Subject: look and feel
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 22:16:35 +0000

Hi all,

I made a small bundle for Jeff Tunissens Preferences.app that makes it possible to change the colour of your GNUstep applications. Most of the colours aren't too nice if anyone want to give me some more reasonable rgb figures or new colours all together it's extremely easy for me to add them. The problem is I have one piece of grey that I can't seem to find where to set, it doesn't seem to be settable in the user defaults as I have tried all the settables in NSColor.h. If someone can point me to where I can change the colour for this I wouldn't mind patching it if that was acceptable to have that colour modifyable also. I have a feeling it may be hardcoded somewhere. If we want to have some kind of theming at some stage I think all these values would need to be easily accessible as are the ones in NSColor and also maybe slightly more granular, as it is changing the controlColor changes the colour of the scrollbar controls which may not be to everyones taste.. (I'm not to keen on it myself as the arrow images? on the scrollbars don't appear to be on a transparent background), and after playing around with OSX today their basic themes don't appear to change the scrollbars.
Regards, Ian

http://62.31.207.151/screenshots/Appearance.png  <- the grey bit you can see
here is the part I mean, also there is a grey text background on alert boxes.

http://62.31.207.151/files/AppearanceBundle.tgz <- if anyone is brave enough to
try it :)
If you do try it please don't be too hard on me, I'm quite new to obj C and OO
programming in general so any advice / criticizm of the constructive nature
would be much appreciated.