ANN: MusicBox-0.0.5

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: ANN: MusicBox-0.0.5
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:17:39 -0400

Hi,

  I'm working on an audio player right now.
  Here is the source code and a screenshot:
  http://www.people.virginia.edu/~yc2w/GNUstep/english/index.html

  It is still in a very bad shape.
  The reason I announce it in such early stage is that
  I want to make sure there is no duplicate work so that I won't waste my
time.
  And because lots of codes come from CDPlayer.app, Encod ! and GNUMail,
  I want to make sure that I didn't violate any copyright.
  I use GPL2 and wonder whether the images files is also covered under GPL2,
  or I have to make my own images.
  Let me know if there is anything which should not be included in the
source code.

  It use libcdaudio and mad library.
  http://cdcd.undergrid.net/libcdaudio/
  http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/
  All the modules will be installed in ~/GNUstep/Library/MusicBox

  The defaults directory of MP3 is ~/musicbox/
  You can set it in preference and I hope it works.
  It supposed to read the setting LIBRARY_PATH
  and CD_MEDIA_PATH in .GNUstepDefaults.
  Try not to stop a MP3 after it is finished.
  It might crash.
  You can play the sound you want to play by choosing the row,
  not the checked box.
  The checked box is not working now.
  The LED is also now working.

  Any suggestion is extremely welcome.