Re: NSTextField

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: NSTextField
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:27:58 +0200

2002 Jun 28 - 14:18
Stefan Böhringer <stefan.boehringer+usenet@uni-bochum.de>
>To compare implementations you should better look at MacOSX rather than
>Openstep since Openstep makes use of a special display postscript
>operator called highlight (IIRC).

I would love to, but I don't have an OS X available (yet). :-( (But Docs I
quoted are from OS X so I expdect the behavoir to be same in that regard.)

> This is quite of a hack since it
>replaces pixels in the framebuffer of one color with another one (say
>replace white pixels with gray ones). This is a implementation running
>quickly but not well portable.

Sorry couldn't follow you there. I still missing some background knowledge
here. (What is IIRC ?)

>Why is there both, a selectText: and a mouseDown: method sent? From a
>glance I cannot reproduce your described behaviour (say in GWorkspace).

This is because the current implementation if NSTextField -becomeFirstResponder
doesn't send itself selectText: yet as it should (and probably will soon, once
all this is sorted out.)

Cheers,
Dave