Re: GNUstep on Darwin/MacOSX

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin/MacOSX
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:02:17 +0200

Am Freitag den, 5. Juli 2002, um 01:37, schrieb John Pell:

Hi all,
I'm having trouble with compiling GNUstep on Darwin.

This is what I've got in my notebook:

4) Install GNUstep make:

    # configure, compile, install
CC=gcc3 ./configure --prefix=/usr/global/GNUstep --with-library-combo=nx-gnu-gnu
    make
    sudo make install
    make distclean

5) Install GNUstep base:

    . /usr/global/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh # I'm using bash
    CC=gcc3 ./configure

    make
    sudo make install
    make distclean

I remeber some difficulties with the gcc3 shipped with April 2002 Developer Tools. Try "cc" or get a current one.

No special libraries needed for this part. Never tried on GNUstep gui.

If it still doesn't work, please post the output you get.

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/