Re: gdb for Objective C

From: David Relson
Subject: Re: gdb for Objective C
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:49:17 -0400

At 10:38 AM 7/22/02, you wrote:

Anyone ever tried to build Apple's gdb (which supports ObjC very good) on
Linux? It is available in the Darwin CVS repository
(http://www.opensource.apple.com/cgi-bin/registered/cvs/gdb/ or usual
CVS), the only thing you have to do is to register as a developer with
apple (Online membership is free).

I tried to do this shortly after Apple made their gdb source available. As I recall, they use a lot of Apple specific macros for working with operating system and hardware conditions. Since the macros weren't defined in any of the gdb source files, I assume they were defined in system header files. Not having the header files, the build failed.

David