Status of the GNU 3DKit

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Status of the GNU 3DKit
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:42:01 +0200

Hi,

as you might know, not much effort has been made on the GNU 3DKit during the
last few months. Well, I decided to change that if possible. Thus

- I moved the homepage of the project to the FSF server(s):

  http://www.fsf.org/software/gnu3dkit/gnu3dkit.html
  https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnu3dkit/

- I created 3 new mailinglists devoted to the GNU 3DKit. You can find more
  information about them here:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=gnu3dkit

  If you are interested, don't bother subscribing, they are all very low
  traffic, at least for the moment.

- I started working on the next release which will break compatibility in
  order to fix some serious design flaws. The target release date is Nov or
  Dec 2002. This will include support for GNUstep and Cocoa. I hope to release
  a first design document soon.

If sb wants to contribute please let me know, I'd love to collaborate! Also,
if there is interest in public CVS access, let me know. I will move the
sources to Savannah once I have a working 0.4 alpha.

Please note that www.3dkit.org is not existing anymore, as well as my email
address phr@3dkit.org due to the move to the FSF domain.

BTW has anybody started to work on a NSOpenGLView implementation for GNUstep?

cheerio,

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert     |  VNET# 559-1565
Core Rendering           |  Office: +41 (0)32 732 15 65