Re: Setter Gettor method style

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Setter Gettor method style
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 00:43:30 +0200 (CEST)

> From: Martin =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E4cker?= <mhaecker@mac.com>
> Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 00:32:27 +0200
>
> >The '({' stuff is a gcc extension; 'do {...} while(0)' is portable.
>
> Sorry, for that I know almost nothing about gcc extensions, does this
> mean its a good thing to use them? (e.g. they are faster or something
> like that?)
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

In this particular  case, it's just syntactic sugar  that don't change
anything  to the  generated  code.  So  I  would say,  stick with  the
compatible do{...}while(0).

On the other hand,  last time I used a non GNU  C compiler was, ... at
least ten or twelve years ago, should have been the C compiler of MPW.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/