Astounded!!!!!

From: Pete French
Subject: Astounded!!!!!
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:05:25 +0100

Well, Adam fixed my .gmodel bug and so I downloaded the latest CVS and tried
out my app, never before working under GNUstep, and...

wow....

Its come on leaps and bounds recently hasnt it! I hadnt realised quite how
,much in fact.

First off, dissolve now appears to work more or less perfectly. I have an app
which has two pictures - essentially a mosaic of tiff backgrops, with a
cruder bitmap over the top which can be dissolved by dragging a fader. This
works first time, no modifications at all - and in real time. That wasnt
something I expected at all.

Secondly the bug with pop-up menus in nib2gmodel seems to have vanished too.
I was expecting to have to go back and convert them all to be created
proigramatically, but to my surprise, they all work straight from the gmodel
file as converted directly from the .nib

I dont know who did these bits of work, but hats off to them - its made things
*so* much more useable than when I was last playing around with the GUI end of
the project.

-bat. [impressed, and re-entheused over GNUstep all over again]