RE: best OS for using gnustep on tiBook?

From: Jim McLoughlin
Subject: RE: best OS for using gnustep on tiBook?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:00:28 -0700

> Personally, I would go for Darwin, though there are still some issues,
> AFAIK. You might want to check the mailing list.
> Debian probably is a safe bet.

Thanks for the tip.  That was my main concern with Darwin, that there are
open issues.  I still consider myself a gnustep newbie, so would lean
towards the most solid system.  Darwin does have the advantage of being most
compatible filesystem wise with OSX.  I'll do more searching on it.

> > Which do you guys recommend?  Any links to how-tos on this kind of
> > setup greatly appreciated...
>
> Dennis wrote an installation guide, available at
>
>   http://www.made-it.com/GNUstep/Build/

Yes I've scene this - was my life saver when installing on freebsd (along
with the instructions on the gnustep.org site and google archive of this
list).  I meant any links specific to dual boot setup on apple hardware with
gnustep in mind.

regards

Jim McLoughlin