Allocation zones question

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Allocation zones question
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 09:06:39 +0100

Hi,

I was reading comments about OSX speed on /. and someone did mentioned:

"...The use of allocation zones can also speed up the VM system a great deal
..."

I know, that in comments on /. there you may find anything, but anyway, I am
just interested in whether that statement about zones and speedup is true or
not. If yes, how it is possible and is it true also for GNUstep?

Stefan

--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi