Making base from CVS for MingW doesn't link to objc

From: Tom Koelman
Subject: Making base from CVS for MingW doesn't link to objc
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:17:40 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to build Gnustep on a Windows 2000 system using MSYS and
MingW. To do this I pretty much followed README.MinGW and got to the
point at which I enter the base directory and type 'make install
messages=yes'.  This eventually fails at linking -lobjc (cannot find
lib -lobjc). I see that the command that make tries to execute is
'gcc' with a lot of options, among which several '-L<path>' ones, all
of them having a <path> that is a regular windows-path, like
"C:/GNUStep/Libraries", instead of MinGW ones, like
"/c/GNUStep/Libraries". When I do the linking manually, substituting
the windows-paths for MinGW-paths, the command succeeds.

I find that these options are added in common.make, but there the
slashes are still forward, so the translating of the paths takes place
later. Question is: when? And what can I do about this?

Tom

MSYS: 1.0.7-i386-2
MinGW: 2.0.0.3
GNUstep stuff: CVS last thursday