Re: ANN: base/make Version 1.5.1

From: Marcel Weiher
Subject: Re: ANN: base/make Version 1.5.1
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:36:52 +0100

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 07:25  Uhr, Adam Fedor wrote:

[lots of great stuff]

   * Better framework support in NSBundle

   * Added Thai string encodings.

[Is that cool or what?]

   * Framework support rewritten, also supports multiple names.

   * API change: Replace frameowork's xxx_TOOLS by xxx_COPY_INTO_DIR.

   * Unified link commands between libraries and frameworks
     (LIB_LINK_*).

Are frameworks supported now? The last I heard (hi Helge!), frameworks weren't really supported, you instead had to use either a library or a bundle.

   * New 'make strings' target for localization support.

   * Speed improvements.

Great. Does this include not putting tons of non-existent directories into the $PATH (especially on MinGW)? Have the strange path issues on MinGW been addressed? (I tried tracing, but I am afraid I am not of much help yet, too many elements I am unfamiliar with).

Thanks,

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher                           Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel@metaobject.com           www.metaobject.com