Re: GNUstep tool as Apache CGI

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep tool as Apache CGI
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:41:26 +0000 (GMT)

> > What about running . /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh before
> > starting Apache ?
> >
> > By adding appropriate configuration to Apache, you can then have it pass
> > the environment variables you need (presumably the GNUSTEP_*_ROOT) to the
> > cgi subprocesses.  Those variables would already have been set before you
> > start Apache.
>
> Only  that  IIRC,  Apache  cleans  the environment  and  set  its  own
> variables for the CGI.

Hi Pascal,

by using the PassEnv directive in your Apache configuration, you can
instruct it to pass certain variables to cgi-bins.

Maybe it's not the PassEnv directive :-) I'm talking from memory, it might
be another directive - but we've done it a lot - it works.  You source
GNUstep.sh before starting Apache, then add

PassEnd LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to your httpd/httpsd.conf, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is passed to cgi-bins.