Re: run projectcenter

From: Peter Postmus
Subject: Re: run projectcenter
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:51:27 +0100

Hi there GNUsteppers,

I have now got GNUstep up and running on a Redhat 8.0 distrubution.
To get it running i needed to make two more changes.

1) In the home directory are some GNUstep user settings in the file
  /root/GNUstep/Defaults/GNUstepDefaults.
  This file contains some lines about NSGlobalDomain, as below.
    NSGlobalDomain = {
        GSBackend = "libgnustep-xgps";
        "Local Time Zone" = Europe/Amsterdam;
        NSLanguages = English;
    };
  I have replaced it by :
    NSGlobalDomain = {
    };
  Probably some of these settings were wrong.

2) In :

/opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back.bundle/ix86/linux-gnu/gn
u-gnu-gnu
  is a file called libgnustep-back. For reasons I received errors from this
  library, so I replaced it with the backend that was compiled from a clean
  RH8.0 installation. The problem probably has to do with a path setting.

I am happy now, because I finally got ProjectCenter up and running.

Thanks for the messages I received and Happy Stepping to all.

Greetings,

 Peter Postmus