Forcing the compiler to use a specific class/method

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Forcing the compiler to use a specific class/method
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:13:01 +0100

Hi all,

assume you  have the following two methods implemented:

UIConnection:
============
+ (void)connectionForPropertyList:(NSDictionary *)dic form:(UIForm *)form;

WIConnection:
+ (void)connectionForPropertyList:(NSDictionary *)dic form:(WIForm *)form;

The selector of both methods is identical, the signature and the implementation is not. When I now do

        [WIConnection connectionForPropertyList:... form:...]

I get

WIForm.m:237: warning: multiple declarations for method `connectionForPropertyList:form:' /home/ahoesch/Development/MacOSX/SmartObjects/FBDesign/UIConnection.h:45: warning: using `+(void)connectionForPropertyList:(NSDictionary *)dic form:(UIForm *)form' WIConnection.h:21: warning: also found `+(void)connectionForPropertyList:(NSDictionary *)dic form:(WIForm *)form' WIForm.m:237: warning: passing arg 2 of `connectionForPropertyList:form:' from incompatible pointer type

It is using the wrong class. How can I force the compile to use WIConnection?

Thanks a lot in advance,

   Andreas