Re: Renaissance menus on OS X ?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renaissance menus on OS X ?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:19:54 +0000 (GMT)

> > <window class="MyWindow" title="Hello" width="200" height="4000">
> >   <!-- some views here -->
> > </window>
> >
> > then the system when decoding the <window> tag could plainly simply
> > allocate it of class MyWindow (assuming it exists and it is a subclass of
> > NSWindow) instead of simply NSWindow.
>
> "class" should be used for CSS ;-) But besides that, yes, IMHO this
> would be correct (MyWindow class used in a window "mapping" context).

After thinking quite a lot about it, I changed the name of the attribute
from 'class' to 'instanceOf' (I implemented all this stuff in the
meanwhile).  It leaves 'class' to be maybe used for any sort of future
CSS-related technology, and it avoids people getting confused and thinking
that this attribute works in the same way as it does in CSS.

So the example is now -

<window instanceOf="MyWindow" title="Hello" width="200" height="4000">
   <!-- some views here -->
</window>