Re: internal error: argv and env

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: internal error: argv and env
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:15:20 +0000 (GMT)

> Probably a common mistake, but I didn't find this in the FAQ:
> ---snip---
> gnustep@dogbert:~/gnustep-examples-0.9.7/gui/Finger> openapp Finger.app/
>
> GNUSTEP Internal Error:
> The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
> variables was not called.
> Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.
> ---snap---
>
> What's going wrong ? ;-)

Oooops - the horrible error :-/ - what system are you using ?

Assuming it's a real problem, it's usually because something went wrong
during ./configure of gnustep-base.

I get -

checking program_invocation_name in C Library... yes
checking kernel support for /proc filesystem... yes
checking link to exe of process in /proc... /proc/self/exe
checking /proc/30012/cmdline terminated by nul... no
checking short/int needs to be word aligned... no
checking "use of pass-through arguments"... no
checking "use of fake-main definition"... no

check for 'kernel support for /proc filesystem' and 'user of fake-main
definition'.  If you are using a modern GNU/Linux, you should expect to
get the same results as I do.

It's possible (/likely) that it's instead due to some old header/version
around.  If you suspect this might be the case ... well try building from
distclean again. :-)