Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 16:50:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 12:57:05 +0200 Helge Hess <helge.hess@skyrix.com> wrote:
 >| The package contains:
 >| # various Foundation extensions
 >| # a java.io like stream and socket library
 >| # classes for processing MIME entities
 >| # a full IMAP4 implementation
 >| # prototypical POP3 and SMTP processors
 >| # an Objective-C wrapper for LDAP directory services
 >| # classes for iCalendar/vCard objects
 >|
 >| Everything is released under the LGPL license.
 >| Everything compiles with libFoundation and gstep-base.
 >|
 >| All the libraries are in production use with our SKYRiX 4 groupware
 >| server, so most things are pretty well tested.
 >|
 >| Comments, fixes and improvements are welcome ;-)

I haven't tried it but some part features seems to/may  be present in other
packages:
        o mime processing, may be in pantomime
        o imap4, pop3 and smtp in pantomime too
        o ldap stuff in gsldap
Won't it be interesting to have only one library for each feature ? It will
save time which
could be invested to improve theses libraries/components :-)

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998