Re: Problem with keyboard focus

From: Eric Christopherson
Subject: Re: Problem with keyboard focus
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:46:33 -0500

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 08:11:53AM -0700, Chris B. Vetter wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 16:28:07 +0100
> "Jan Trembulak" <trembulak@ales.sk> wrote:
> > It's generally know problem, or this may be problem in my system ?
> > (GNUstep 0.8.5, Solaris 8 - intel, Window maker 0.80.1, gcc 2.95.3)
>
> It's a known problem with Window Maker. I haven't seen that problem
> with any other WM so far, but I have seen the same problem with Window
> Maker and GTK stuff, eg. TBFKA Phoenix.

I have the same problem under KDE's window manager (kwin). Often times the
first time I start up Terminal.app the terminal window seems to refuse to
accept focus. Then after a little playing around clicking on different
things, it takes focus. I think that if I click on its menu window that
generally does it. Also, if I create a new terminal window I can switch to
that window (by clicking on it or alt-tabbing) and the window *appears*
focused, judging from the titlebar, but my keystrokes still go into the old
terminal window. Very frustrating.

--
Furrfu!         r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t