When clicking the quit button, ...

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: When clicking the quit button, ...
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:46:47 +0900

Hi,

First, let me say hello to you all.  I'm a novice GNUstep user.
I installed the latest version just a week ago.

I have a question on a behavior of some gnustep applications.

When clicking the quit button of the gnustep-example applications,
I always get an NSLog saying "Failed to locate strings Localizable."

What does this mean and what should I do?

This log doesn't make sense at all to me because I usually have
applications run with LANG=C and NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages"(English)"
and because the log always appears when the process is going to
terminate.

The following are the points I found:
(1) The log comes from
       - (NSString *) localizedStringForKey: (NSString *)key
                                      value: (NSString *)value
                                      table: (NSString *)tableName
   defined in base/Source/NSBundle.m
(2) When the quit button is clicked, the function above is called twise:
   First, it is called with the arguments key = Quit, value = "",
tableName = nil, and lastly, key = Cancel, value = "", tableName = nil. (3) The last function call gives the annoying log.

The phenomenon that Cacel comes after Quit is so counter-intuitive
that I gave up fixing the problem by myself.  Could someone help me?

Thank you.
Kazunobu Kuriyama
kazunobu.kuriyama@nifty.com