Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:59:57 +0100

> The program 'PanelTest' is just the second demo of Nicola Pero's tutorial.
> PanelTest.xwd is the image which I had on the screen.  The system is
> ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu and the backend is xlib.

Whats an 'xwd' file and how do I view it ? I ran 'xv' but it gives me
garbage.

> Although it may not exactly the same one as Pete French's, I think the
> expample is closely related to what you are discussing.

When I run that I get the expected results - i.e. the whole string
appears fine on the panel. I am using art backend though. Could this be font
dependent at all ? I will have a play with some different text in that
App when I get back from the noon meeting which has just been sprung on
me (whilst typing!)

-bat.